- 100g quinoa
- 300ml chicken/vegetable stock
- 2-3 shallots, finely minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- zest of one lemon
- juice of half a lemon
- large handful of parsley, finely chopped
- large handful of basil, finely chopped
- Melt a small knob of butter with a teaspoon of olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add the shallots to the pot with a large pinch of sea salt.
- Leave the shallots to sweat for around 5 minutes, until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and stir for a minute.
- Add the quinoa to the pot and stir for a few minutes.
- Add the stock and lemon zest, stir and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and leave to simmer for 20 minutes, checking frequently to ensure the water hasn’t been absorbed.
- If the water is absorbed too early, taste the quinoa. If it is still hard, add a little more water and cook until soft.
- When the quinoa is cooked, remove the lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Add the herbs, lemon juice and salt and pepper and gently stir together.
- This will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.