When I am sick, or when the weather is awful, there is only one recipe that will do and that’s my vegetable soup.
This makes enough soup for 4 large or 6 small servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 – 2 knorr chicken / vegetable stock pots
- handful of finely minced parsley
- Melt a small knob of butter and a splash of olive oil in a large pot. Add the diced onions and a large pinch of sea salt. Allow to sweat for a few minutes while you prepare the rest of the vegetables.
- When the onions have softened, add the leek, potatoes and carrots and stir together. Add enough boiling water to cover the vegetables and throw in the stock pots. Cover and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and corn, stir and cover again, leaving to simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Leave the soup to cool before blending until smooth. Stir in the parsley and store in the fridge in a container for up to 5 days.