If you need a snack to keep you going during the day, I would highly recommend these delicious almond crunch bars instead! You can make them at the start of the week and keep in the fridge so you have a healthy and satisfying snack waiting there when you need it! Also does nicely as an after dinner treat!
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted medjoul dates
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 100g dark chocolate
- pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the almonds and oats onto a roasting dish and roast in the oven for 10 – 15 minutes until golden brown, watching closely to make sure they don’t burn.
- While the almonds and oats are roasting, whizz the dates in a food processor for a minute until they form a paste (may stick together in a big ball as they are so sticky – this is perfectly fine).
- Melt the honey and almond butter in a pot and add the date paste, stirring until it forms a thick smooth paste.
- Roughly chop the almonds and oats and add them to the mixture. Add a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a small tray lined with baking parchment and smooth down. I find using anothe piece of parchment to push down in the mixture is easiest and makes sure you don’t end up with sticky hands!
- When the mixture has been smoothed into the tray, place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- While the bars are setting, melt 100g of dark chocolate.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer and pour over the dark chocolate, spreading it around evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Return to the freezer for 30 minutes to harden.
- Cut into small bars and store in a container in the fridge.