This is the perfect healthy bake for this wet and dreary weather and, as an added bonus, it will make your kitchen smell amazing!
This will serve 4 – 6 people, but you won’t want to share!
Apple, Pear and Almond Oatmeal BakeCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
2 cups / 200g oats
1 cup / 100g flaked almonds
1.5 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup / 125ml honey
1/2 cup milk
135g pear, peeled and diced (this was 2 pears)
200g apple, peeled and diced (this was 2 apples)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix the oats, flaked almonds, baking powder, pear, apple and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, honey, almond extract and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together. Pour into the prepared baking dish, top with an extra sprinkling of flaked almonds and cook for 30 – 40 minutes. The top should be nice and golden and it should be set when it’s done.
- Eat warm or wrap and store in the fridge for up to a week – it can be eaten cold from the fridge but I prefer to give it a quick blast in the microwave.