These Blueberry Oat Pancakes are so easy to make – no blender or equipment required! These pancakes are made with minimal ingredients – quick, easy, healthy, delicious – what more could you want?!
This recipe serves one (3 pancakes) – double up as needed.
Oat PancakesCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
50g quick cook oats (see note)
1 tablespoon honey
15 blueberries (see note)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
little pinch of salt
Yoghurt, honey and more blueberries to serve
- Heat a tablespoon or so of butter in a frying pan over medium – high heat.
- While the butter is heating, mix the oats, egg, honey, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- When the butter is bubbling, spoon the mixture into the pan in 3 little heaps and push down gently with your spoon to flatten into little circles.
- Leave to cook on the first side for 3 – 4 minutes. Before turning, pop 5 blueberries on top of each pancake and push them down very gently with your fingers.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and cook for another 2 minutes or so on the other side.
- Serve with natural yoghurt, a drizzle of honey and more fresh blueberries.
- Oats: I use quick cook oats here but if you on;y have regular oats, I would just break them up a little bit using your fingers. You can blend them into powder if you want – but I prefer the texture of the unblended oats and, frankly, I don’t want to create more washing up.
- Blueberries – frozen blueberries are fine. I used fresh.