When you are in search of the ultimate comfort food dinner, look no further than my cheats chicken satay noodles. This is quick to throw together after a long day at work, is so tasty and comforting and is also packed full of nutrition as an extra bonus. This is also nice when eaten cold so I sometimes bring this to work with me for lunch.
- 1 nest whole-wheat noodles (I use blue dragon)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- A handful of green beans
- A handful of broccoli pieces
- A handful of thinly sliced carrot sticks
- A large handful of fresh basil leaves, sliced
- A squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Stir fry the chicken on high heat.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the noodles in boiling minutes. It should take 5 minutes but check the instructions on the pack.
- Mix the peanut butter and soy sauce together with 3 tablespoons of boiling water.
- When the chicken is cooked – add the vegetables and stir fry until tender.
- Drain the noodles and add to the pan with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the peanut sauce, chopped basil and a squeeze of fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Add more water, soy sauce or peanut butter as desired.