- 100g quinoa
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- Handful of chopped parsley
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- Large handful of broccoli pieces
- Large handful of green beans
- 2 garlic clove, diced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- Rinse the quinoa thoroughly in cold water and add to a pot with the chicken stock. Bring to the boil and then simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes in a covered pot making sure that the stock doesn’t boil off. When it’s cooked, allow to stand for 10 minutes with the lid off.
- Add the diced carrots, spring onions, lemon juice, chickpeas, parsley and salt and pepper to the quinoa and stir.
- Heat some oil in a wok and stirfry the diced chicken breast. When the chicken is cooked, add the broccoli and green beans and stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stirfry for a minute.
- Add the quinoa and soy sauce and mix everything together.