My Chizza (Cheats Pizza) is such a delicious alternative to pizza. Unlike the cauliflower pizza fanatics, I’m not going to try to convince you that you won’t be able to tell the difference between this and pizza, of course you will, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t really tasty!
I flatten the chicken breast, sear it in a pan, top it with my favourite pizza toppings and finish the cooking in the oven. Serve with a large green salad or my Perfect Oven Baked Chips.
The toppings below (salami and chorizo) are just my suggestions – get creative and use your favourite toppings.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Chizza!Course: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 chicken breast
2 tablespoons tomato purée
1 teaspoon water
1 crushed garlic clove
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
60g buffalo mozzarella
20g salami, chopped into small pieces
40g sliced chorizo
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the tomato purée with the garlic, water and basil with a pinch of salt and pepper. Chop the salami and slice the chorizo and set aside.
- Place the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin to flatten. Sprinkle the upper side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan over medium – high heat. Once the oil is cooked, add the chicken (seasoned side down) to the pan and cook for 3 – 4 minutes. Season the other side of the chicken with salt and pepper, turn and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place in an oven proof dish. Top with the tomato purée, mozzarella and the salami and chorizo and cook in the oven for 10 – 15 minute until cooked through.
- I like to pop the grill on for a couple of minutes once the chicken is cooked just to crisp the salami and chorizo up a bit – but be careful not to burn!