This is such a handy fresh and herby chicken marinade. I sear the chicken in a frying pan and then cook it in the oven – but it would also be great on a barbecue for those of you out enjoying the sunshine. I’ll set out how I cooked the chicken below but this recipe is more for the marinade – just cook the chicken however you like.
This marinade is enough for 2 chicken breasts – just double up as needed.
2 chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
Zest of half a lemon
Juice of half a lemon
1 clove of garlic, chopped
- Mix all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade into a sandwich bag that can be sealed and add the chicken in. Squish the chicken around to make sure it’s all covered in the marinade and leave in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. You can marinade in a dish if you prefer – just pour the marinade on top of the chicken, turn a few times so it’ s fully coated with the marinade, cover the dish and leave in the fridge.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan over medium – high heat. When the oil is hot, take the chicken out of the marinade and place in the hot pan. Cook for a minute or two on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and place in an oven proof dish. Finish the cooking in the oven for 10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked completely through.
- When cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and place on a board. Cover with tin foil for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad, in a wrap or sandwich, with rice or chips – this chicken goes well in so many dishes!