We’ve all been cooking a lot more these days and I know by now inspiration is running low! I have been experimenting with different rice dishes and this one is so tasty! As an added bonus it only requires one pot – I for one am so sick of the constant washing up!!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
One Pot Chorizo and Tomato RiceCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
75g basmati rice
150ml chicken or vegetable stock
30g chorizo, diced
15g onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
Pinch of saffron
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
100g chopped tomatoes
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
Big squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Mix up the chicken / vegetable stock in a jug and add the saffron. Leave to infuse while you do the next steps.
- Heat a little olive in a pot over medium heat. Add the chorizo and onion and cook for a few minutes until the chorizo is starting to brown and the onion has softened. Add the garlic and paprika and stir for a few seconds before adding the chopped tomatoes.
- Stir for a few minutes to soften the tomatoes and then add the rice. Stir for a minute or so and then add the stock.
- Cover the pot and leave to simmer gently for 10 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed by the rice.
- When the rice is done, remove from the heat but leave to sit with the lid on for 5 minutes. Then stir through the chopped parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.