This is a fab recipe for a light summer lunch that can be ready in a flash. This would be perfect if you’re having friends over for a long lazy lunch so you’re not stuck in the kitchen cooking and missing all the fun!
The sauce can be made in advance (and takes 2 minutes!) and the rest takes 10 mins to cook. How easy is that?!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
- 75g fusilli
- 10g fresh basil
- 10g grated parmesan
- 30g pine nuts
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- Handful of baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 head of broccoli cut into florets
- Handful of frozen peas
- Add the basil, parmesan, pine nuts, lemon zest, garlic cloves, olive oil and salt and pepper to a blender and blend into a smooth sauce.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add the fusilli. Cook according to packet instructions.
- When there’s 5 minutes left on the pasta, add the broccoli and peas to the boiling water. After the 5 minutes, drain the pasta and vegetables, reserving a tablespoon of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta and vegetables to the pot (off the heat), add the sauce and the reserved cooking water and stir so everything is coated. Mix through the spinach and serve with freshly grated parmesan.