This gorgeous salad is an ideal light side dish for when you have the girls over for lunch! I also love to bring this to work with me for a light lunch packed full of veg – a nice healthy option to keep me going for the day.
This would be fab served with some grilled fish or chicken and a sneaky glass of rosé!
This recipe is enough for 4 as a side dish.
- 120g pearl couscous
- 240ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 150g edamame beans
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 small can of sweetcorn, drained
- 1 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15g red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- Zest of 1/4 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Boil the kettle and measure out 240ml of water. Add in half a stock cube (I use the knorr stock pots) and whisk.
- Pour the chicken stock into a pot with the pearl couscous and turn the heat up high until it starts to simmer. Turn the heat down to medium so it continues to simmer gently. Cook for 6 minutes. Then mix in the chopped parsley and cover the pot with a clean tea towel while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large bowl, stir together the chickpeas, sweetcorn, edamame beans, red pepper and red onion. Add the pearl couscous and mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl, add the extra virgin olive oil, red wine vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, crushed garlic clove, mustard and a pinch of salt and pepper. Be careful with the salt – the stock cube will already be salty. Whisk together until well combined. I like to make dressing ins a jar if you have a spare one so you can pop the lid back on shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix so everything is well coated.
- This is best served at room temperature so if you are keeping it in the fridge make sure to take it out well before serving.