Sunday, for me, used to be a day spent in the kitchen – pottering away to produce a gorgeous roast dinner. Since we’ve all been spending so much more time in the kitchen recently, I find I really need the rest on Sunday – so I’m swapping the roast chicken for a quick, tasty meal.
These Cheesy Beef Quesadillas are incredibly quick to make, but aren’t something you would make every day – making them a nice weekend treat.
You can serve these with a big green salad and some sliced avocado and some natural yoghurt or sour cream for dipping. Add some rice for a more substantial meal if you prefer.
If you want this to look extra special, brush the top with some melted Garlic Herb Butter when it comes out of the pan and garnish with chopped red chilli, spring onion and some torn coriander leaves.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Cheesy Beef QuesadillasCourse: mainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: easy
100g minced beef
1 small clove of garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 tablespoon tomato purée
1/2 tablespoon water
30g grated cheese (I used mixed cheddar and mozzarella)
1 tortilla wrap
- Add a little olive oil to a pan over medium heat and add the minced garlic. Leave to cook for 30 seconds to a minute, being careful not to burn.
- Add the spices, the ground beef and a pinch of salt and cook for 5 minutes or so until cooked completely through.
- Add the tomato purée and the water and leave to bubble away for a few minutes.
- Add some olive oil to a clean frying pan that will fit the tortilla wrap when laid flat. Heat the olive oil over medium high heat and then lay the tortilla wrap into the pan. Spoon the ground beef onto half of the wrap and sprinkle the cheese over the beef. Fold the empty half of the wrap over the filling.
- Cook on both sides for 3 – 4 minutes each, until golden and crispy.
- Remove from the pan, slice into wedges and serve.