This is such an easy dinner to make and is nice and light compared to a lot of pasta dishes. The sauce is made with lemon juice, chicken stock and a dash of white wine with just a tablespoon of cream to bring it all together. This recipe takes around 30 minutes from start to finish and is one I’m sure the whole family will love.
Give it a go today and make sure to let me know what you think!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
1 chicken breast
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon flour
2 slices of lemon
Juice of 1/4 lemon
2 tablespoons white wine
1/3 cup chicken stock
1 tablespoon cream
1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil with a pinch of salt and some olive oil.
- Put the chicken between 2 pieces of parchment paper and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Pour the flour onto one plate and season with salt and pepper. Crack the egg into a bowl and beat.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Coat the chicken with some flour and then dunk into the egg. Shake off any excess egg and put the chicken into the hot pan. Cook for around 3 minutes on each side and then remove from the pan and leave to rest on some kitchen paper.
- Pour the oil out of the pan and wipe clean with some kitchen paper. Put the pan back on the heat and add the lemon slices. Leave to cook for around 2 minutes on one side and then turn and cook on the other side. They will start to soften and brown.
- The water for the the spaghetti should be boiling now so put the spaghetti in the pot and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Add the lemon juice, wine and chicken stock to the pan with the lemon slices and allow to gently simmer for around 5 minutes. Then add the butter, cream and parsley and return the chicken to the pan.
- When the spaghetti is done, drain and reserve 2 tablespoons of the cooking water. Remove the chicken from the pan and place on your plate and top with the lemon slices. Add the reserved cooking water to the pan with the sauce and stir. Then add the drained spaghetti and toss so it’s fully coated in the sauce.
- Put the spaghetti on the plate with the chicken and pour any sauce leftover in the pan over the chicken.