This delicious stuffed chicken is so quick to throw together and goes great in a salad or with vegetables and potatoes for a more hearty meal. This recipe leaves lots of room for creativity – stuff the chicken with whatever combinations you like – cream cheese and mixed herbs, goats cheese, salsa and cheddar, classic bread stuffing or sausage and onion stuffing, feta – whatever you have!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Chicken stuffed with Mozzarella and Basil wrapped in BaconCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 chicken breast
1 tablespoon chopped basil
1 finely minced garlic clove
3 slices centre cut bacon or streaky bacon
3 slices buffalo mozzarella
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the chicken breast on a chopping board and slice into the side of it from top to bottom (as if slicing in half through the middle) starting at the thickest end. Don’t slice all the way through the chicken and fold the chicken breast open like a book.
- Finely chop the basil and garlic together with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Place the mozzarella slices in a line down the centre of the chicken and top with the chopped garlic and basil.
- Place the slices of bacon in a row and put the chicken breast on top of them. Fold one half of the chicken over the other to cover the stuffing and wrap the chicken up in the bacon slices.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium – high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken and fry on each side for 2 minutes to brown the bacon. Then put the chicken in an oven proof dish and roast in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes until cooked completely through.