This is another great family recipe that’s perfect for when you’re running low on groceries and have hungry mouths to feed! It’s easy, it’s tasty, it has minimal ingredients – what else could you need?!
This recipe serves one – just double up as needed.
Chorizo and Mozzarella Pasta BakeCourse: MainCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
75g pasta of choice – short pastas are the best for pasta bakes
30g chorizo, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
100g chopped tomatoes
25g buffalo mozzarella
10g parmesan, grated
1 tablespoon cream
A tablespoon or so of chopped basil
Splash of white wine (optional)
- Bring a large pot of water with a dash of olive oil and a big pinch of salt to the boil and cook the pasta until al dente. When the pasta is done, drain it but reserve 125mls of the cooking water.
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Cook the diced chorio with a little drop of olive oil in a small pot over medium heat for around 5 minutes, until its starting to brown. Add the diced garlic and stir for a few seconds before adding the tomatoes and the wine (if using).
- Simmer for a few minutes and then add the reserved pasta cooking water and cream and leave to simmer for 5 – 10 minutes until it starts to thicken. Then add the parmesan and basil, season with salt and pepper (and some crushed red chilli flakes if wanted) and leave to simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta into the pot and stir through the torn buffalo mozzarella. Pour into an oven dish, sprinkle with some more parmesan and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated parmesan and fresh ground black pepper.