Admittedly chorizo is not a traditional ingredient in carbonara, but it sure does taste good! This pasta dish is so quick to make which means that, if you start now, you can have a gorgeous bowl of pasta in front of you in 10 minutes. Perfect for when you need comfort food in a flash!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed!
30g cooking chorizo, diced
1 clove garlic, diced
2 egg yolks
15g grated parmesan
2 tablespoons white wine
Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a dash of olive oil and a pinch of salt and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, add the diced chorizo to a pan with a little olive oil and cook over medium heat. When the chorizo is cooked (4-5 minutes), add the garlic and stir around for 30 seconds. Then add the white wine and increase the heat to bring it to a gentle simmer. Keep an eye on this to make sure the liquid doesn’t completely boil off as the chorizo and garlic will burn.
- While the chorizo is cooking, beat together the egg yolks and parmesan in a small bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a tablespoon of the pasta water.
- Add the spaghetti to the pot with the chorizo and remove from the heat.
- Add the tablespoon of reserved pasta water to the egg mixture and stir.
- Pour the egg mixture into the spaghetti and stir together to coat all the pasta in the sauce.