It’s another beautiful sunny day so the last thing you need is to spend the day slaving away in the kitchen! This is such a quick and easy no-fuss dinner that the whole family will love – perfect to throw together after a day in the sun! As an extra bonus, it only requires a handful of ingredients!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Creamy Sausage and Broccoli PastaCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
2 pork sausages
2 large florets of broccoli, cut into small pieces
75g pasta of choice (I used cellentani)
125ml chicken / vegetable stock
1 tablespoon cream
1 small clove of garlic, diced
30g grated parmesan
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add some salt and olive oil. Then cook the pasta until it’s al dente according to the packet instructions. When there is one minute left in the cooking time, add the broccoli. Drain the pasta and broccoli but reserve 250ml of the water and set aside for later. This will give you a lovely creamy sauce later on.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and cook the sausages for 5 – 10 minutes until cooked completely through.
- Remove the sausages from the pan, turn the down heat to medium and add the diced garlic. Stir for a minute or so being careful not to burn the garlic, add the stock, reserved pasta water, cream, parsley and parmesan and bring to a simmer.
- Chop the sausages into bite sized pieces and add to the sauce with the pasta and broccoli. Allow to simmer away gently for 5 – 10 minutes until the sauce has reduced and is thick and creamy. Season with salt and pepper (and some crushed red chilli flakes if you want). Be careful with the salt as the stock and parmesan is already salty.
- Serve with fresh ground black pepper and grated parmesan.