This is more of an assembly job than cooking, but the result is very satisfying! I cook/prepare all the ingredients and store in Tupperware in the fridge in work so I can assemble my salad every day. This recipe makes 1 serving – multiply as needed.
- 1 chicken fillet
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of fajita spices (I use old El Paso)
- 1 large handful of lettuce leaves of your choice
- 1 tablespoon of pinto beans (either canned or dried). If you buy dried you will need to cook according to packet instructions. It takes roughly 70 minutes.
- 1 large tablespoon of my guacamole (recipe on the website)
- 3 tablespooons of my roast sweet potato cubes (recipe on the website)
- 1 tablespoon of chopped red pepper
- 1 tablespoon of sweet corn
- 1 teaspoon of salsa
- 1 teaspoon of natural yoghurt
- Sprinkling of grated cheese
- Check the recipe for the sweet potato cubes and guacamole separately and prepare.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. While the oil is heating, dice the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook until cooked through (roughly 10 – 15 minutes).
- Add the fajita spices and a tablespoon of water.
- Now assemble all of the ingredients in a big bowl, drizzle with natural yoghurt, sprinkle with cheese and devour!