This golden rice is so beautiful and looks so impressive, despite being super easy to make! This goes perfectly with any kind of curry and is also a gorgeous base for a rice salad mixed with lots of fresh veggies and herbs.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Turmeric RiceCourse: SidesDifficulty: Easy
This golden rice is sure to impress and is super easy to make! Give it a go today.
65g basmati rice
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 small knob of butter / olive oil
130ml of water from a recently boiled kettle (or 130ml vegetable / chicken stock)
- Rinse the rice well with cold water and add to a pot over medium heat with the knob of butter / dash of olive oil. Stir to melt the butter / heat the oil and so all the rice is covered in the butter / oil.
- Add the turmeric and stir again so all the grains of rice are coated in the golden powder.
- Add the water / stock and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover the pot with a lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes over a low – medium heat. Do not stir during this time.
- When the rice is cooked, remove the pot from the heat and remove the lid. Fluff the rice up with a fork and then cover the pot with a clean tea towel for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice up with your fork again and serve.