This coconut rice is quick and easy and is a delicious change from plain rice. Give it a go today and let me know what you think.
This recipe serves one – just double up as needed.
Coconut RiceCourse: SidesCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
Why not mix things up with this coconut rice instead of plain rice? It’s so easy and great for a change from plain rice!
75g basmati rice
150ml coconut milk
2 tablespoons water
Pinch of salt
1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Add the coconut oil to a pot over medium heat.
- Rinse the rice thoroughly in cold water and add to the pot with the melted coconut oil. Stir around so the rice is coated with the oil.
- Add the coconut milk and water and bring up to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a medium heat and cover the pot. Leave to simmer away gently for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes is up, remove the pot from the heat and leave to sit for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff the rice up with a fork and serve.