This chicken meatball korma is so easy to make, only requires a handful of ingredients and is super tasty – give it a go today and see for yourself!
This recipe serves 2.
Chicken Meatball KormaCourse: MainCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
1 large chicken breast
40g fresh breadcrumbs
1 small onion, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
1/2 tablespoon of the solid part of the coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
1/2 can coconut milk
1 tablespoon korma powder
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Heat a little olive oil in a small pot, add the diced onion and a pinch of salt and cook until the onion has softened. Then remove half the onion from the pot and set aside to cool. Add the diced garlic to the pot with the remaining onion, cook for a minute before adding the korma powder. Stir the korma powder around for a minute or so before adding the 1/2 can of coconut milk. Leave to simmer gently until thickened then season with salt and pepper to taste and turn the heat down to low until ready to serve.
- Chop the chicken breast into chunks and blend with a pinch of salt and pepper for a minute or so until you have ground chicken.
- Mix the chicken with the breadcrumbs, coconut oil, the tablespoon of solid coconut milk and a pinch of salt and pepper until well combined. Then roll the mixture into roughly 13 little chicken balls.
- Pop them on the baking tray, brush the tops with olive oil and cook for 10 – 12 minutes until cooked completely through.
- Add the cooked chicken balls to the pot with the korma sauce to coat and then serve on a bed of rice and peas topped with some natural yoghurt and freshly chopped coriander.