I have gotten a lot of messages recently asking me to share some salad recipes so I’m starting with this flavour packed chipotle chicken with corn salsa. I serve this with a chipotle yoghurt dressing that’s light but full of flavour!
You could double up the recipe and make a few servings to keep in the fridge for a quick lunch during the week.
You could also serve this in a wrap or with some rice if you prefer.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Chipotle Chicken with Corn SalsaCourse: MainCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
2 teaspoons chipotle chilli paste
Juice of one lime (divided in two)
1/2 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder (divide in two)
1/2 small can of sweetcorn
100g chopped cherry tomatoes (or regular tomatoes)
1/4 red chilli, finely diced (seeds removed)
15g diced red onion
1 tablespoon finely minced coriander (divided in two)
1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
1 chicken breast
- Mix the chipotle chilli paste, juice of half a lime, 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder and 1/2 tablespoon chopped coriander together in a sandwich bag or lunch box with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the chicken breast, squish around so it’s fully covered in the marinade and pop in the fridge for an hour.
- Mix the corn, tomatoes, red onion, red chilli, 1/2 tablespoon finely minced coriander and juice of half a lime together and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the yoghurt with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chilli powder and season with salt and pepper (use less chilli powder to begin with and taste to make sure it’s not too spicy).
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- When ready to cook, heat a little olive oil in a pan over medium – high heat. When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook for one minute on one side. Flip and cook for one minute on the other. Remove the chicken from the pan, put onto the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked completely through.
- While the chicken is cooking, assemble your salad. I like to add chopped avocado, black beans and chopped romaine lettuce, along with the corn salsa.
- When the chicken is done, chop into bite sized pieces, place on top of the salad and drizzle with the chipotle yoghurt dressing.