What’s better than chocolate chip oatmeal cookies you ask? Double chocolate chocolate-chip oatmeal cookies, of course!
These take 5 minutes to prepare, and 15 minutes to cook so are a great treat that you can whip up with no effort at all.
I store these in the fridge in an airtight container to keep them fresh – that is if they don’t all disappear straight away!
This recipe makes 6 cookies.
Double Chocolate Chocolate-Chip Oatmeal CookiesCourse: SnacksDifficulty: Easy
40g unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons dark brown soft sugar
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
60g white chocolate, chopped into chunks
40g milk chocolate (or dark, if you prefer)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Heat the oven to 160 degrees (fan) and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Chop the butter into little cubes and add to a bowl with the sugar. Beat this with a fork for a few minutes until it is well combined and has turned pale in colour.
- Crack in the egg and beat again for a couple of minutes until well mixed together. It may look a bit lumpy at this stage – not to worry, this is normal!
- Next add in the maple syrup, baking powder, cocoa powder and a pinch of salt and stir together. Then melt the milk chocolate and beat into the butter and sugar mixture. Then add the oats and mix well.
- Add 1/2 of the chopped white chocolate and stir through.
- Divide the mixture up into 6 balls and drop them on to the parchment paper. Gently flatten each cookie using your finger tips until they’re around 1cm in height.
- Bake in the oven for 15 – 18 minutes. Leave to sit on the tray for 5 minutes once you remove them from the oven and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool.