Who would have thought a can of coconut milk and some curry paste could make something so marvelous! This Thai Red Curry is so delicious, only has a handful of ingredients and is so quick to make. The perfect mid-week dinner the whole family will gobble up!
You can add peppers, broccoli, green beans or any vegetables you want – just pop them in for the last couple of minutes of cooking so they soften slightly but are still nice and crisp.
This goes great with my Coconut Rice.
This recipe serves one – just double up as needed.
Thai Red CurryCourse: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
Who would have thought a can of coconut milk and some curry paste could make something so marvelous! Try my Thai Red Curry recipe today for a dinner the whole family will love!
1 chicken breast, diced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 garlic clove, grated
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon light brown sugar (optional)
1 1/2 tablespoons of Thai red curry paste
Couple of kaffir lime leaves
1/2 can coconut milk (full fat will give a much creamier curry)
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the grated ginger and garlic and stir for a minute or so. Then add the Thai red curry paste and stir around for a couple of minutes.
- Add the coconut milk – if this has separated, whisk together with a fork before adding. The solid part of the coconut milk is what will make this nice and creamy.
- Add the diced chicken and the kaffir lime leaves and leave to bubble away gently over low – medium heat for 12 – 15 minutes.
- When there’s only a few minutes left in the cooking time, add in the fish sauce and the sugar, if using.
- Serve with rice, fresh coriander, sliced red chilli, a lime wedge and some natural yoghurt.