This is the ultimate rocky road recipe!! It’s packed full of chocolate, marshmallows and biscuits – and some other delicious goodies for good measure! This recipe makes 25 generous sized squares – but they can be cut into 50 smaller bites for smallies (or for grown ups to avoid a sugar coma!).
Before you scroll down to the ingredients, here’s a little warning – there is a LOT of chocolate in this recipe!! Go on – treat yourself!
These will keep for 2-3 weeks in a sealed container in the fridge.
- 70g butter
- 400g chocolate (I mix equal parts dark and milk chocolate)
- 100g white chocolate
- 6 tablespoons golden syrup
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 80g mini eggs
- 2 cream eggs
- 2 crunchie bars (other honeycomb bars), chopped into small pieces
- 135g galaxy caramel (other caramel chocolate bar), chopped into pieces
- Melt the 400g milk and dark chocolate in a heavy based pot with the butter and golden syrup.
- While the chocolate is melting, put the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and hit with a rolling pin to break up into small pieces.
- Once the chocolate mix has melted, mix in the digestive biscuits and 80g of the mini marshmallows. Then mix in the galaxy caramel and crunchie bars.
- Cut a handful of the mini eggs in half and mix in (keeping the rest for decorating).
- Press the mixture into a dish lined with parchment paper and press down firmly and smooth out the top as much as possible.
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours to cool and set.
- Melt the white chocolate and spread over the top of the cooled rocky road. Scatter over the rest of the mini eggs, the mini marshmallows and the cream eggs (cut into quarters).
- Put back in the fridge to set completely before chopping up into squares.