I’ve just finished the fourth week of working from home and I’m sure a lot of you are in the same situation. I’m really trying to only go to the shop when absolutely necessary which means I need to get creative in the kitchen to make a delicious meal with the limited ingredients I have!
I’ve had a very busy morning in the kitchen making lots of new recipes, and had this delicious lemon linguine for my lunch. It only requires a handful of ingredients and, as a bonus, it’s lovely and light making it perfect for lunch on a sunny day like today!
This recipe serves 1, double up as needed!
- 75g linguine (or spaghetti if that’s what you have)
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 25g parmesan, grated
- 1 medium sized lemon
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add a dash of olive oil and a large pinch of salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the packet instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, crumble the walnuts (into bite sized pieces) into to a dry frying pan over medium heat and allow them to toast gently. Shake the frying pan every now and then to make sure the nuts aren’t burning.
- Add the grated parmesan, olive oil, grated garlic, the zest and juice of the lemon, parsley and salt and pepper to a bowl and beat vigorously with a fork for a few minutes.
- Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving a tablespoon or so of the water.
- Pour the pasta back into the pot and add the sauce, the tablespoon of reserved pasta water and the walnuts and mix everything together.
- Spoon onto a plate and serve with a little extra freshly grated parmesan.