The key to this tuna salad is the dressing. It isn’t the usual heavy mayo based dressing we are used to seeing in a tuna salad recipe, but is made instead with olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and fresh parsley to add lots of flavour.
This recipe makes 1 salad – double up as needed.
- 1 can of tuna
- 2 slices of diced red onion
- 1/2 an avocado, diced
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- a thumb sized piece of cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and diced
- 1/2 small can of sweetcorn
- 1 large handful of spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- Assemble the spinach, tuna, red pepper, cucumber, red onion, avocado, sweetcorn and pine nuts on a plate.
- Combine the olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, garlic, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper. I like to put them in a small jar and shake to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
It couldn’t be easier!