The addition of some Garlic Herb Butter towards the end of cooking adds a lovely flavour to the rice and is a nice change to plain rice with no added effort.
This recipe makes one serving – double up as needed.
75g basmati rice
150ml boiled water / chicken stock / vegetable stock
10 – 15g Garlic Herb Butter
A small knob of butter / oil
- Rinse the rice well under cold water.
- Melt the plain butter in a pot over medium – high heat. Add the rice and stir so all the grains are covered with the butter.
- Add the boiled water or stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low – medium heat, cover the pot with a lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- When there is 2 or 3 minutes left in the cooking time add the garlic herb butter to the pot and replace the lid.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff up with a fork well so the garlic butter flavours all of the rice.