This creamy chicken recipe is so tasty and takes less than 30 minutes to make – another perfect midweek dinner!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Chicken with a Cream and Bacon SauceCourse: DinnerDifficulty: Easy
1 chicken breast
2 – 3 slices streaky bacon, diced
2 tablespoons white wine
125ml chicken stock
2 tablespoons cream
1/2 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until an even width. You don’t want to flatten the chicken too much, you just want to push down the thick parts so it’s all the same thickness.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium – high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the diced bacon and cook for around 5 minutes until nice and golden and crispy.
- When the bacon is done, remove and leave on some kitchen paper.
- Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 5 – 6 minutes on each side until cooked completely through. Remove the chicken and leave to the side.
- Drain the excess oil from the pan. Then add the white wine and let it bubble for a few seconds before adding the chicken stock and the cream. Season with salt and pepper, being careful with the salt as the stock will already be quite salty.
- Leave the sauce to bubble away over medium heat for around 5 minutes until it has thickened. Then add the bacon and the parsley, stir and add the chicken. Leave to bubble for a couple of more minutes.
- Serve on a bed of rice with another sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley.