This method for making rice gives you lovely fluffy rice every time -goodbye mushy rice!
This recipe makes one serving – double up as needed.
75g basmati rice
150ml boiled water / chicken stock / vegetable stock
Small knob of butter / dash of oil
- Rinse the rice well under cold water.
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium – high heat. Add the rice and stir so all the grains are covered with the butter.
- Add the boiled water or stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to a low – medium heat, cover the pot with a lid and leave to cook for 10 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, fluff up with a fork and serve.