This Hearty Breakfast Loaf has everything you need for a healthy, balanced breakfast: oats, yoghurt, egg and blueberries and some honey and lemon zest for sweetness and flavour.
This loaf is nice and moist and full of flavour – a delicious start to any day!
This makes one loaf – roughly 8 slices.
Hearty Breakfast LoafCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
250ml natural yoghurt (this was 2 small pots)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
Zest of one lemon
125g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- Blend the oats into a fine powder in a blender / food processor.
- Add the oats to a large bowl with the baking powder, blueberries, lemon zest and a pinch of salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, honey, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle the top with some oats (just a little bit).
- Bake in the oven for 40 – 45 minutes. Once baked, remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.