A breakfast of homemade granola is one of my absolute favourite ways to start the day! This nutty granola is so delicious and packed full of nutritious ingredients to set you up for the day. Give this a go and you will be so surprised at how quickly and easily it can be made. Say goodbye to packaged granola – this is so much tastier and you know exactly what’s in it.
Serve with yoghurt or milk and any combination of fresh or dried fruit you want. You can also add some chocolate chips if you want for a little treat!
This can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.
Nutty GranolaCourse: breakfastDifficulty: easy
50g hazelnuts, roughly chopped
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
50g almonds, roughly chopped
30g sunflower seeds
30g pumpkin seeds
125ml maple syrup
Pinch of salt
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and pour into the baking tray.
- Spread out the mixture into a flat layer in the baking tray with a spoon and push down slightly to pack it together.
- Bake in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the baking dish – don’t stir until completely cooled so you will get bigger chunks of granola. It may be still slightly soft when you taken it out of the oven but it will harden as it cools and will be nice and crunchy and slightly chewy.
- When it’s cooled, break the granola up by hand and store in an airtight container.