This one pot wonder is so delicious, quick to make and packed full of vegetables – the perfect, healthy mid-week dinner!
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Spring Chicken and VegetablesCourse: mainDifficulty: Easy
1 chicken breast
3 – 4 baby potatoes, chopped
1/2 carrot, sliced into sticks
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 yellow pepper, sliced
5 broccoli florets
325ml chicken stock
2 tablespoons cream
1 tablespoon finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Place the chicken breast between two pieces of cling film and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and a little butter in a frying pan over medium heat. When hot, add the chicken and fry for around 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and leave to the side.
- Add the chopped baby potatoes and toss around in pan for another 5 minutes, until they are nice and brown. Drain the oil from the pan. Then add the sliced peppers, carrots, broccoli and the chicken stock.
- Leave to bubble away for 10 minutes until the vegetables are cooked and the chicken stock has reduced.
- Add the cream, parsley and a pinch of salt and pepper and stir through. Add the chicken back to the pan and leave to simmer for 5 minutes or so, until the sauce has thickened.