These Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps are so delicious and quick to make which make them perfect for a light, healthy, midweek lunch.
Make sure you have all the ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking because once the oil hits the pan this will be ready in minutes!
Say goodbye to boring, bland salads and give these a go today!
Please don’t be put off by the long list of ingredients – these are mainly store cupboard ingredients and it only takes minutes to prepare them all.
Serve with rice or noodles for a more substantial meal.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed.
Thai Chicken Lettuce WrapsCourse: MainCuisine: ThaiDifficulty: Easy
1 teaspoon coconut oil
1 chicken breast
1/4 red pepper
2 iceberg lettuce wraps
1 garlic clove, grated
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 teaspoon finely chopped red chilli, seeds removed
1 teaspoon finely minced fresh coriander
1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
1/2 teaspoon rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon plus 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce (divided)
1 teaspoon plus 1/2 tablespoon lime juice (divided)
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 teaspoon warm water from recently boiled kettle
Sliced spring onion, chopped red chilli and lime wedge to serve
- Slice the chicken breast in half through the middle (ie, to give you two thin chicken breasts) and then slice into bite-sized thin strips.
- Slice the red pepper into strips the same size as the chicken and set aside.
- Combine the grated garlic and ginger and chopped coriander and red chill in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix the fish sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, honey, 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon lime juice in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix together the peanut butter and the remaining soy sauce and lime juice, along with the boiled water in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Place the iceberg lettuce wraps on a plate before you start cooking so they are ready for you to spoon the cooked chicken into. To get the lettuce wraps, simply peel the layers of the head of lettuce back gently.
- Heat a frying pan over medium – high heat. When it’s hot, add the coconut oil and leave to melt.
- Once the oil has melted, add the chicken and stirfry until just cooked through. Then add the garlic, ginger, chilli and coriander mixture and the red pepper and stirfry for another minute or so.
- Pour in the fish sauce mixture and leave to simmer away for a few minutes.
- Spoon the chicken and pepper mixture into the lettuce wraps, drizzle with the peanut sauce and garnish with some freshly sliced spring onion, red chilli and a wedge of lime.