These Spiced Potato Wedges go so well with my Crispy Chicken Curry but would be great with any dish as an alternative to plain chips. They are full of flavour, perfectly crispy and really easy to make. Give them a go and let me know what you think!
This recipe serves 2 – double up as needed!
2 large potatoes, peeled
2 teaspoons turmeric
Red chilli flakes
Salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Slice each potato in half lengthwise and then cut each half into wedges.
- Rinse the potato wedges thoroughly in cold water. Then put the wedges into a large pot and fill half way with cold water. Add the turmeric to the pot and bring to the boil. Once the water boils, leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes before draining carefully so as not to break the wedges.
- Place the wedges carefully in a flat layer in an oven dish lined with tin foil / parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Toss gently to coat the wedges but be careful not to break them.
- Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, turning half way through.