These veggie burgers are so delicious and are jam packed full of vegetables!
You can serve this in a burger bun with lettuce, cucumber, tomato, red onion or any of your favourite burger toppings. You can also have this without the bun with a large green salad if you prefer.
You can cook them all at once and keep in the fridge for up to 5 days to reheat when you need, or keep them uncooked in the fridge and cook fresh during the week.
Try my Perfect Oven Baked Chips with these burgers.
This recipe makes 3 burgers.
Veggie BurgersCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
1 x 400g can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1/2 small red onion (30g), diced
1 clove garlic, diced
40g broccoli, chopped into little pieces
1/4 red pepper (50g), diced finely
1/4 yellow pepper (50g), diced finely
1/2 carrot (30g), diced finely
1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
- Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas to the food processor with the onion, garlic, broccoli, egg and a pinch of salt and pepper and blend together until quite smooth but still with some chunks.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and add the red and yellow pepper, the carrot, parsley and flour and stir together.
- Form the mixture into 3 burger patties and leave in the fridge on a tray lined with parchment paper for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a little olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the burgers. Cook for roughly 4 – 5 minutes on each side until nice and golden. Don’t touch move around the pan while cooking except to turn them once.
- Serve with or without a burger bun and with your toppings of choice.