This is such a handy recipe to turn a can of tuna and some pasta into something really delicious! I’m trying to only go out to the shop when absolutely necessary so I’ve been trying to find ways to make meals using the staple ingredients I have in the cupboards. I’m really enjoying getting creative in the kitchen and sharing all my new recipes with you.
This tuna pasta salad would be so good for lunch sitting outside in the sun, or as a nice light but filling dinner.
I love seeing pictures of the recipes you try and getting your feedback so make sure to let me know if you try this recipe either by leaving a comment below or tagging me on Instagram.
This recipe serves one – double up as needed!
- 85g bow tie pasta
- 1 can of tuna
- 1/2 a small can of sweetcorn (this is around 3 tablespoons if you’re using frozen corn)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pot of water with a dash of olive oil and salt to the boil and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, lemon zest, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, parsley, garlic and salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Drain the pasta when cooked, reserving 1 tablespoon of the pasta water.
- Add the reserved pasta water to the sauce and mix. Then mix the pasta, vegetables, tuna and the sauce and stir together.